Monday, October 1, 2012

Taken the Words Right Out of My Mouth

"

"People are often unreasonable and self centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people might be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
Mother Teresa (via katiieemariiee)


I usually don’t post religious opinions on this blog, but I’ll make an acception [sic] for this!
(via cheisdeadgetoverit)

"
[from tumblr blog Common Sense People] 
Blog


It's interesting that I found this quote today. I do not know much about Mother Teresa, but wasn't she catholic? *shrugs* I've always been of the Protestant sect of Christianity, so I wouldn't know or outright care. But besides all that, her words here are very much what I live by every single day. People are jerks, rude, bias, and greedy. That doesn't mean I have to be too. It's because of people who aren't like Mother Teresa says, I'm the person who is "nice" amongst my friends. I don't want to be like them.
Being nice isn't easy. I had a friend tell me that, and she strongly suggested that I shouldn't be. Well, tough. The world doesn't care; I do. I care about others and I want them to be happy. And I find happiness in helping others and being a pleasant human being to be around. Being nice isn't easy, but, it is MUCH more rewarding than being the A-hole who lies, steals and kills all for personal gain. Why do something just for yourself, when you can do so MUCH more by simply smiling at a stranger when you go out, or helping someone who fell/dropped something.

An example (maybe not the best) of the price of being kind, I suggest watching PAY IT FORWARD directed by Mimi Leder. If you cannot find this movie, try reading its IMDb page or skimming Wikipedia. I think it may be available on Netflix.



0 comments: